Conveyor Chain – FV+M Series
Z SERIES / FV+M SERIES
Material – High quality steels used throughout
1. Link plates cropped from high carbon cold drawn steel
To avoid internal stresses associated with guillotined steel, Challenge produces all plates from high tolerance, on size, cold drawn steel bars resulting in a plate better able to withstand fatigue and shock loads.
2. Bushes Flatted and with interference fit Case Hardened Alloy steel bushes precision machined from seamless tube 3. Optional Stainless Steel or Nitride treated liner bushes
For precise assembly; control on inner width and prevention of bush rotation. Bush Flat length extended to form clearance between inner and outer plates and provide uniform lubrication; increased strength and life. This reduces the possibility of chain seizure.
Ensuring minimum distortion and superior concentricity.
2. Bushes Flatted and with interference fit
Case Hardened Alloy steel bushes precision machined from seamless tube
3. Optional Stainless Steel or Nitride treated liner bushes
4. Hardened Rollers with grinding 5. Pins Flatted and with interference fit
Grinding the outer diameter gives excellent wear resistance and good load carrying qualities plus reduced wear on sprockets and a better visual result.
Precise positioning of outer plates adds to strength whilst ensuring accuracy of attachment positioning.
4. Hardened Rollers with grinding
5. Pins Flatted and with interference fit
6. Alloy Steel Seamless Tube used for all Hollow Pins
For wear and shock resistance.
Spin Riveted (not coned) for stronger rivet and reduced pin-end stress.
7. Spin Riveted Induction Hardened Pins in 40Cr Alloy Steel
For optimum life and the strongest rivet on any standard chain.
Holes precision punched on dedicated progression tooling
Guarantees consistently high tolerance pitch control and strong, fatigue resistant chain.
Attachment and options
CNC welded and integral attachments, special bushes, bearings, Zinc and Nickel plated parts, molykoted pins, bushes and rollers.
Plastic rollers, flanged rollers, hardened plates, stainless parts, liner bushes etc. All specials produced to the highest quality – fast turnaround.
8. Shot Peened to produce a strong surface and reduce fatigue
Challenge has invested heavily in CNC controlled machinery for optimum batch component conformity.
Attachment plates jig assembled maintains position and squareness.